All Members must register with the MIAA for the season so you will be eligible for both regular season and playoff assignments.
Note: Registration alone is $10, registration plus background check is $45. If you completed a background check in 2015 it is good for 3 years and you will only have to pay the $10 registration fee.
Dear MIAA Game Officials,
Thank you for participating with our 225,000 student-athletes who competed in MIAA interscholastic sports. Your collaboration with our member schools and leagues is valued.
Registration for the 2017-18 school year will open on July 1st. All officials will once again complete this process through the MIAA ArbiterSports page found here: http://miaa.arbitersports.com/front/110185/Site .
Information and instructions for both new and returning officials can be found on this main page.
Your support and professionalism for this important initiative is appreciated.
Many thanks for your service,
Richard L. Pearson
MIAA & MSSAA
We are conducting all our meetings at Whitman Hanson Regional High School on Thursday evenings at 7 PM.
Here are the meeting dates for 2016.
September 8, 15, 22 and 29
October 6, 13, 20 and 27
November 3 – Business Meeting
November 17 – Banquet
You are required to attend 7 meetings.
In preparation for the Rule 10 presentation, Gregg Camara wants you to look at these questions related to penalty enforcement
Rule 10 Questions
Two tutorials have been added on the Members Menu:
- Using Self Assign
- Creating Blocks on your Arbiter Calendar
All officials should have gotten an email from the MIAA on or about June 12 with information regarding the new procedure for officials to register with the MIAA. Officiating boards will no longer be registering their members with the MIAA as a group. This process will now be done by the individual officials through ArbiterSports. The process includes the MIAA registration and Background Check. The cost for a background check and to register in one sport will be $45; each additional sport registration will be $10. You will continue to register with the MIAA personally each year, but you will only need to have a background check done every 3 years.
You may register beginning on June 15, 2015 and must register by July 31, 2015
Note: High School Assigners (Commissioners) have been instructed by their Leagues/Conferences to only use officials who have successfully completed the Background Check. If you do not go through this procedure, you will not be able to officiate Middle or High School games at any level (Middle School, Freshman, JV or Varsity).
Step-by-Step Process: (this should only take 10-15 minutes to complete)
- Click on this link: MIAA Arbiter Page
- Sign in with your normal Arbiter Account, the same one you use when you get your games.
- Click the Registration Tab
- Click on all the sports you will officiate in High School during the 2015-2016 school year.
- Click Register.
- Welcome Page: Read the Welcome screen and click Next.
- Personal Information Page: If you signed in with your Arbiter account, your Personal Information should have been imported into the Personal Information Page. Check to make sure all information is correct and Click Next. Note: this is the only information that you have to provide for the background check, the rest of the process is to confirm that you consent to the background check and to make your payment.
- Photo Page: Upload a photo if you haven’t already done so. I believe this is optional, if you haven’t got one, you can do it later under the My Account Tab when you’re logged in. After you upload the photo or choose not to, Click Next.
- Chapter Selection Page: Choose our chapter “Eastern Mass. – EMAIFO (Football)” and Click Next.
- Background Consent Page: Read the Consent information, you’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the consent text and Select “I Agree” from the drop down list where it says “Please Select” (yellow filled box with red border)
- Then more text will be revealed when you select “I agree” from step 10, continue to read and scroll regarding the Disclosure of the Background Investigation. At the bottom of this new test, you will need to select “Yes” from the drop down list where it says “Please Select” (again yellow filled box with red border). Click Next.
- 2015 Payment Page: Make sure your billing information is correct, enter your credit card information below that and Click Make Payment. It will show up as “ProPay USA” on your statement.
- Print the Payment Confirmation for your records. Click Finish.
You will now have a new Organization on your list, “MIAA State Office”, with you log in, the Central Hub account type means that it acts as a web site where information about the organization can be found.
The meeting dates for 2015 are:
Sep 10, 17, 24
Oct 1, 15, 22, 29
Nov 5 – Business meeting
Nov 19 – Banquet
These will be added to the Calendar and the Members Menu Item as well.
The June meeting has been scheduled for June 25 at Whitman Hanson High School at 7:00 pm.
The 2015 Membership dues are due by May 1st. Information is on the Dues Info and Payment page on the Members menu.
The new free kick mechanics have been posted in the updated mechanics manual.
The Manual is on the 2014 Rules Page.
Here is a direct link to the Mechanics Manual PDF file.