In preparation for the Rule 10 presentation, Gregg Camara wants you to look at these questions related to penalty enforcement
All officials should have gotten an email from the MIAA on or about June 12 with information regarding the new procedure for officials to register with the MIAA. Officiating boards will no longer be registering their members with the MIAA as a group. This process will now be done by the individual officials through ArbiterSports. The process includes the MIAA registration and Background Check. The cost for a background check and to register in one sport will be $45; each additional sport registration will be $10. You will continue to register with the MIAA personally each year, but you will only need to have a background check done every 3 years.
You may register beginning on June 15, 2015 and must register by July 31, 2015
Note: High School Assigners (Commissioners) have been instructed by their Leagues/Conferences to only use officials who have successfully completed the Background Check. If you do not go through this procedure, you will not be able to officiate Middle or High School games at any level (Middle School, Freshman, JV or Varsity).
Step-by-Step Process: (this should only take 10-15 minutes to complete)
- Click on this link: MIAA Arbiter Page
- Sign in with your normal Arbiter Account, the same one you use when you get your games.
- Click the Registration Tab
- Click on all the sports you will officiate in High School during the 2015-2016 school year.
- Click Register.
- Welcome Page: Read the Welcome screen and click Next.
- Personal Information Page: If you signed in with your Arbiter account, your Personal Information should have been imported into the Personal Information Page. Check to make sure all information is correct and Click Next. Note: this is the only information that you have to provide for the background check, the rest of the process is to confirm that you consent to the background check and to make your payment.
- Photo Page: Upload a photo if you haven’t already done so. I believe this is optional, if you haven’t got one, you can do it later under the My Account Tab when you’re logged in. After you upload the photo or choose not to, Click Next.
- Chapter Selection Page: Choose our chapter “Eastern Mass. – EMAIFO (Football)” and Click Next.
- Background Consent Page: Read the Consent information, you’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the consent text and Select “I Agree” from the drop down list where it says “Please Select” (yellow filled box with red border)
- Then more text will be revealed when you select “I agree” from step 10, continue to read and scroll regarding the Disclosure of the Background Investigation. At the bottom of this new test, you will need to select “Yes” from the drop down list where it says “Please Select” (again yellow filled box with red border). Click Next.
- 2015 Payment Page: Make sure your billing information is correct, enter your credit card information below that and Click Make Payment. It will show up as “ProPay USA” on your statement.
- Print the Payment Confirmation for your records. Click Finish.
You will now have a new Organization on your list, “MIAA State Office”, with you log in, the Central Hub account type means that it acts as a web site where information about the organization can be found.
The June meeting has been scheduled for June 25 at Whitman Hanson High School at 7:00 pm.
The 2015 Membership dues are due by May 1st. Information is on the Dues Info and Payment page on the Members menu.
The 2014 Rules information has been updated on the Rules & Training Menu item. There you will find the 2014 rule book and many other documents such as play situations, etc.
The 2014 Pre-Season EMAIFO Member’s test has been released.
It is due by September 4. We will review it on September 18. While grades are not counted, you must pass the exam in. The purpose of this test is to get us all back into the rule book in preparation for the upcoming 2014 season.
You may submit it by:
- Filling out the Word Document and emailing it to the Secretary
- Print the PDF, write in your answers, scan it and email to the Secretary, or
- Print the PDF, write your answers and hand it in at the meeting.
Please be sure to include your name, question numbers and answers clearly in your emails. Email all test answers to the Secretary (secretary at emaifo dot net, you can supply the at symbol and period so we can avoid getting spam!). The Secretary will also accept completed hard copies of the test on/before the September 4th meeting.
Please e-mail the Secretary with any questions.